Sunday, March 22, 2015

AL Productions

I received my recent issue of Vanity Fair (VF), and accompanying it was an additional, smaller magazine filled exclusively with Ralph Lauren (RL) advertising. Now I confess to a certain weakness for all things RL and wish my closet was filled with more of his... products. However, as an inveterate observer of all things RL, I noticed that Andrew Lauren, RL's son, is prominently featured, something I hadn't noticed before. So this got me to thinking, "What films has he produced?" I mean, I wrote a book but does that make me an author? And perhaps more importantly, "Are his films any good?" So I fired up IMDB and saw that Andrew's company, AL Productions, has created three films: (1) G (2002); (2) The Squid and the Whale (S&W, 2005); and (3) The Spectacular Now (TSN, 2013). But then I wondered, are these movies any good? As it turns out, S&W received a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and TSN also received a 93%, which is in my humble opinion is more than a little impressive. I look forward to watching TSN at some point and will write a review when I do. I also need to finagle a trip to New York to review the Polo Bar. I know, the world of RL is a weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment